As you probably know by now, I’m still in Lesotho. Peace Corps service is usually around 27 months but you can extended your service if you wish. Extensions can vary from a few months to a few years depending on the circumstances. A LOT of people have asked me why I choose to extend so I wanted to take the time to lay out some very personal reasons I choose to stay in Lesotho for another year:
- To finally meet Prince Harry
- Endearmints at PC workshops
- To keep being that weird aunt in Africa to my nephew.
- Buy a cow pillow
- To get finally get a t-shirt from our all volunteer conference
- Because I finally figured out how to do my VRF- quarterly report (how we volunteers prove our worth to Washington)
- To get electricity in my house
- To keep living that farm life
- To keep living that puppy farm life
- To run Hey PCV girl
- To continue my reign as package queen (jokes on me, I’m cutoff!)
- To finish my project (but really thank god I was already extending)
- To take more vacations
- Those views!
As you can see the decision made it self. So here I am until December 2017. I promise I’ll come back after that. Maybe.